Dawn’s Personal Background
I have lived in the Crofton/Bowie area all my life. I was a teacher in the Prince George’s County School System for 5 years while starting my real estate career in April 1979. I currently live in the Chapman Farms subdivision of Crofton.
I service Anne Arundel, Prince Georges, Charles, Carroll, Baltimore, Howard & Calvert Counties.Throughout the years I’ve dealt with many clients in the various areas. I have been very involved with the community for several years. Aside from my teaching career, I was the Vice President for 5 years of the PTA at Crofton Elementary School, a Girl Scout Leader for 9 years and a school volunteer/tutor. I worked as a volunteer for various activities at Crofton Middle & Arundel High Schools. I have two children, a son & a daughter, both graduated from college and stayed in the area. I’am blessed with a wonderful granddaughter from my son and daughter- in-law. I am very familiar with a variety of programs in the area: sports, music, art, private schools, scouting, tourist attractions, etc.
My real estate experience along with my knowledge in other areas helps to make your process of selling or buying real estate a pleasure. I will professionally guide you through a “stress-free” real estate transaction.
Owning your own home is a major step in building your future. I believe everyone should purchase a home whether as a primary residence or as a landlord. It drastically improves your tax situation and helps for options in your future.
Why pay escalating rents or someone else’s mortgage when you can own your own home? Rents are quite expensive in this area. Mortgage companies now have various programs to fit any of your financing needs along with your own comfort level in payment. Even if you only plan to be in the area a few years, it is better to own than to pay rent. Your can always keep your primary residence when you move and turn it into a rental property to diversify your assets, otherwise you can always sell after taking the advantage of the tax benefits and move on to purchase elsewhere or move up. Area rentals are much needed in Crofton, Odenton, Bowie and in the surrounding areas, especially with future growth of Fort Meade, NSA, etc.
I enjoy helping clients find what they are looking for, explain the entire process, and make the transaction as smooth as possible. Deal with a knowledgeable professional for excellent service. Working with an experienced, full-time agent who truly knows the market and surrounding areas will be a great benefit.
- School Teacher – 1978-1982
- Licensed Realtor since April 1979
- Over $22 million volume in 2005
- #1 Top Crofton Agent in Anne Arundel County since 1994
- Relocation Specialist – USAA, Navy Federal, Cendant Mobility & several other relocation affinity groups
- Highest level of excellent’s award for HES, Trained Affinity agent USA
- #4 Individual Associate for Total Units in Baltimore Region in 2003
- #1 Office Agent for many consecutive years at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (formerly O’Connor, Piper, Flynn, ERA)
- Lifetime member of the DSAC (Distinguished Sales Achievement Club) & Masters Club
- Director in Masters Club, 2014
- NRT’s Top 1,000 sales associates of 45,000 for many years
- Top sales agent for units sold in 2013 for entire Baltimore region for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- IN the top 15 agents for Coldwell Banker greater Baltimore Area since January 2014.
1151 Route 3 North
Gambrills, MD 21054
Crofton Station Shopping Center (By Giant Food)